Open Water Swimming
October Swimming Times
2018 swimming season will begin once the water temperature reaches double figures!
We hope this will be sometime at the beginning of April.
Check back on this page and on our facebook page for updates
- You MUST sign in at the clubhouse before entering the water
- You MUST always wear your band
- Don't swim if you are feeling unwell
- Always wear a brightly coloured swimming cap
- Swim with a 'buddy'
- Swim in an anticlockwise direction around the course
- If you get into difficulty in the water - make your way to the safety lane which is between the yellow buoys, hold onto a buoy and attract the attention of the dock marshal
- If you hear the boat horn sound, exit the water immediately
- All children under the age of 16 MUST be accompanied by an adult
- Ensure you hand in your band to the dock marshal once you've finished swimming
- Swimming is entirely at your own risk